Adopt a Dog
Meet and Greet Adoption Process
~ Preview our available animals below.
~ Complete or Update your Pre-Adoption Information. The purpose of this form is to give BENCHS information about you as a pet owner. By listing which animal(s) you are interested in, our staff will get an idea of what type of pet you are looking for. Because we typically get multiple adopters expressing interest in the same animal, there is no guarantee that the animal(s) you listed will be available for you to meet and/or adopt.
~ If you are unable to update your previous submission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
~ Staff will review your information and either email or call regarding approval.
~ After you have been approved, you are more than welcome to visit BENCHS and view many of our available dogs and puppies in their kennels during Adoption Hours (see below).
~ If you would like to interact and/or adopt we do require an appointment so that we can provide our undivided attention to you and your potential new family member. A link to our appointment calendar will be sent to you in your approval email or feel free to stop by the shelter during Adoption Hours to make an appointment.
~If you plan to adopt during your appointment, please bring an appropriately sized collar and a leash.
~ PLEASE NOTE: We now only accept credit/debit card payment for adoptions in the shelter and at PetSmart.
Thursday and Friday Dog Appointment Times:
3:00 3:45 4:45 5:30 6:15
Saturday Dog Appointment Times:
2:00 2:45 3:45 4:30 5:15
Questions about the process, email email@example.com.
Questions about the animals, email firstname.lastname@example.org
BENCHS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ADOPTION TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON.
- Appointments may be cancelled or rescheduled in response to pandemic surges and staff availability.
- We may ask people to wait to enter the building if we need to limit the number of people in the building. Please limit your group size to 4 people.
- Limit your stay to 45 minutes.
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon entering the building.
- Respect social distancing.
- Cancel or reschedule your appointment if you have been exposed or are exhibiting any signs of illness.